Do you work for one of the biggies like Intel, Nike, Adidas or Standard Insurance? All of these employers offer matching funds for their employee donations (pledge drive and otherwise) to our school. It’s typically pretty easy to participate, so we hope you do! Please contact Nicole Cordan at firstname.lastname@example.org to get your employer set up to match your generous gifts. We have already found that some of the big employers had our tax info wrong, so we weren’t getting the match you all thought we were. So, double check that number before sending in your match – our Tax ID number is 93-6039299.
Nike: Jeff Michael Email: Jeff . Michael @ nike . com
Intel: Erich Boleyn Email: Erich @ boleyn .org
Lots of companies have joined the Box Tops program: Cascadia Farms; Zip Lock; General Mills; Annie’s Organics; Nature Valley... the list goes on and on. In fact, here’s a link to the full list of products. Look for a coupon like the one below, clip it, and stuff it into the bag hanging on the PTSA bulletin board outside the School Office. It’s easy, and it works!
Mark your calendar! Portland is filled with wonderful family-oriented restaurants that are also willing to contribute to our school. We try to partner with one restaurant each month to help raise money for our children.
- November 1: Pizzicato – Dough for Dollars 1630 SE Bybee Blvd, Portland Oregon - THIS IS COMING RIGHT UP!! And this year, kids get to enter a contest to have their favorite pizza on the menu for that night. Look for an email with more details shortly. Winterhaven receives 20% of ALL SALES from open to close ALL day!!! This is a fabulous fundraiser for us! I hope you’ll all put this day on your calendar and be ready to pre-order or drop by the Sellwood / Moreland location on the 1st
- December 5th: Pastini - 2027 SE Division Street, Portland, Oregon – Bring the family, have a lovely meal, drink a nice bottle of wine, and let Pastini’s give Winterhaven 50% of proceeds that come in that WHOLE DAY. You NEED to mention WINTERHAVEN when you’re there, but come on, that’s Fantastini!!!
- January 11th: Por Que No? - 4635 SE Hawthorne Blvd, Portland Oregon –Come eat and drink here and Winterhaven will receive 15% of the total profit for the WHOLE DAY with a cap at $500. And gift cards count toward that goal. So buy a card for a later meal too! Can you say YUM??
- February TBD: Nostrana 1401 SE Morrison, Portland Oregon – Yep, you read that right. Portland’s #1 rated restaurant by The
Oregonian is doing a fundraiser for us in February. We haven’t gotten a fix on the final details or the final date, but set your calendars for this special night out!
- March 14th: Pizzicato – Dough for Dollars 1630 SE Bybee Blvd, Portland Oregon – They love us so much, they are willing to help us out TWICE! And this year, kids get to enter a contest to have their favorite pizza on the menu for that night. Look for an email with more details shortly. Gluten free options as well! Remember, we get 20% of ALL SALES from open to close ALL day!!! Let’s raise $1500 on this one alone – we’ve done it before, let’s do it again!
According to Amazon "AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you."
According to Winterhaven "AmazonSmile is a great way to use your Amazon spending to funnel a few extra dollars into Winterhaven's PTSA coffers to pay for extra services to the school!"
| NOTE: You must have an Amazon.com account to use this charity.
To use Amazon Smile:
Winterhaven School PTSA can be the beneficiary of a small percentage of your Fred Meyer purchases!
- Navigate to https://www.fredmeyer.com/account/.
- Log in to your Fred Meyer Rewards account (email or phone number).
- Under Community Rewards, search for organization name Winterhaven School PTSA or organization number 81842
- Select the school and then click OK. Winterhaven should start receiving a check each quarter donated by Kroger.
| NOTE: There have been some questions about whether or not you must continue to renew your designated beneficiary periodically. It certainly does not hurt to validate that Winterhaven is still your beneficiary from time to time. See Fred Meyer's FAQ for more information.