Arts, PE, etc.‎ > ‎

Events & Activities

After School Groups/Activities:

For information about after school opportunities, please remember to register at https://www.peachjar.com/. This is where all the flyers for activities are located. 


In 2017-18, the following After School Groups are meeting:



Scholarships

Your PTSA is pleased to announce that scholarships for afterschool classes are available for students who qualify for free or reduced lunch.  The goal is to make afterschool classes accessible to all members of the Winterhaven community.  

Through a combination of PTSA funds and discounts from class providers, the scholarships will cover 75% of the cost of the class, with the student's family covering the remaining 25%. Each student who qualifies for the scholarship program may use it for up to two afterschool classes per academic year.  

For more information about the scholarship please contact our Scholarship administrator, Sam Kubernick 

Muse Band - 2017-18

posted Sep 8, 2017, 11:51 AM by Admin at Winterhaven   [ updated Sep 8, 2017, 11:51 AM by Halle Cisco ]

Dear Parents,


The M.U.S.E. Program will be starting band classes by the second week of September. Classes are on Wednesdays after school. There is no previous experience necessary for beginning band. We offer instruction in flute, clarinet, alto sax, trumpet, trombone, and drums. We will be coming by the classes to talk to the students about the program. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact the M.U.S.E. office at info@museband.com or 800-233-6873. For information about our program (cost, class schedule, instrument rentals, etc..) see our website at www.museband.com. We are looking forward to another fabulous year of great music!!!


Sincerely,

Catarina New Martin, Muse band director


Instrument Petting Zoo

Muse Band'sInstrument Petting Zoo” is an opportunity for your child to investigate different instruments, with the end goal joining the Muse Band. Dates and times are as follows:

 

West Side: Sunday, September 17, 2017 from 3pm to 5pm at Holy Trinity School, 13755 SW Walker Rd Beaverton. 

East Side: Saturday, September 16, 2017 from 9:30am to 11:30am at St. Rose School, 5309 NE Alameda Portland. 

Further questions: info@museband.com.

Cleveland Cluster Cross Country Team 2017-18

posted Sep 8, 2017, 11:45 AM by Admin at Winterhaven   [ updated Sep 8, 2017, 11:45 AM by Halle Cisco ]

Season Information: 


Practices are Monday & Wednesday 4pm-5:30pm @ Sellwood Middle School. 


Athletes will leave campus for running. 


Season is 7 weeks with Meets every Thursday. Meets start @ 5pm unless otherwise noted.

 

Athletes get a rented uniform & a sweatshirt to keep. 


Questions? 

Winterhaven Chess Club 2017-18

posted Aug 23, 2017, 1:44 PM by Rebekah Folsom   [ updated Sep 8, 2017, 11:43 AM by Halle Cisco ]

Do you want be part of one of the largest and most active chess clubs in Oregon? Join the Winterhaven Wizards Chess Club! Our focus is to have fun while learning problem solving, strategy and good sportsmanship. Tournament opportunities are available throughout the year, for those interested in competitive play.

 

Dates: October 25th - Spring Break

When: Wednesdays 3:05-4:25 PM

Grades: 2-8* 

*In the Spring, we have a separate Chess Academy for K-1 students to learn the basics of the game.

Skill levels: All students interested in playing chess - previous experience not required. Registration is now open: https://goo.gl/iN5T9H
Club donation: $50 per student (scholarships available, please inquire). Donations are applied to team t-shirts, chess coaching materials and software, chess equipment, scholarships, awards, and a club party. Donations accepted via PayPal (https://www.paypal.me/Winterhavenchessclub) or Check (Winterhaven PTSA).


Please VOLUNTEER if you have the time: It's a big group, and we could really use some volunteers to be in the rooms helping to manage the kiddos. No chess experience necessary. Volunteering is open to any parents, family members, etc... Mentoring volunteers also welcome.

 

Questions/comments or need help with registration?  Email Dean Ehnes at winterhavenchessclub@gmail.com

SE Portland Girls Basketball Club

posted Oct 17, 2016, 2:20 PM by Rebekah Folsom   [ updated Oct 17, 2016, 2:20 PM by Halle Cisco ]

Open to girls grades 1-8. For registration or more information, visit the SE Portland Girls Basketball Club website or call Steve Cooper (503 887 2928).

Cleveland Youth Basketball

posted Oct 17, 2016, 2:18 PM by Rebekah Folsom   [ updated Oct 17, 2016, 2:18 PM by Halle Cisco ]

Boys youth tryouts are Sunday, October 16th, 2016 and Sunday, October 23rd, 2016 for grades 4-8. Forms are located on the rack in the Winterhaven entry hall or can be downloaded from the Cleveland High School website.

For more information, email Craig Cokley (candmcokly@gmail.com) or Corrine Lyons (cybbasketball@hotmail.com).

1-5 of 5